Violet

Violet

Friday, August 5, 2016

Murder & Suicide Hidden in Children's Sing Alongs



I was scrolling through Facebook one day and a dear friend happened to post a video that had gone viral. A mother was absolutely distraught after finding a video on her daughter's Youtube Kids app that was a sing along video of the popular kid's song "Daddy Finger, Daddy Finger" that depicted Mickey Mouse and his family killing each other and committing suicide. The clip was hidden in the video. What seemed like a completely innocent children's sing along had turned in to something completely horrific. And I froze. My heart skipped out of my chest and tears welled in my eyes. I was now facing the same exact horror that the mother in the video was facing. I didn't even need to see the video she was describing, I could hear it. I new the voice on the video likely better than anyone's voice in my own family. My daughter, Violet watches that particular Youtube channel each and every single day and sings along with it. It's an easy song with simply drawn characters and is fun for her to follow along with. But how could these clips be in these videos? I had personally inspected at least 5 or 6 of these videos months ago to make sure the channel was safe for her to watch. That's where the channel got us...they inserted the clips a few months ago...after we had already started watching the channel. This is a VERY popular channel. Many of the videos have over 4,000,000 views so they often come up as suggested videos for children to watch. They pop up without your child even looking for them. They're there, over in the side bar just waiting for your child to click on them. And it's disgusting. They were labeled as "educational" and "sing alongs" until the owner of the channel got wind of my petition to have them banned and removed the labels and now just have them labeled as "lyrics". But they will still pop up because of the key words like "Mickey" and the character names that your children love so much.

While I was typing up this blog post they were removed off of the Youtube Kids app thanks to the petition. But are still on the Youtube app and suggested among all the other children's videos. The owner of the channel has been removing the videos that I post to the petition so I took videos OF the videos to prove that the violence was hidden in them. To prove to Youtube that it was there. So the proof will be posted here on this blog. Youtube, we want this Youtuber banned from Youtube Kids permanently, please don't just remove their videos for now. Please ban them for good. We want a BLOCK feature for channels on Youtube Kids. We deserve this as parents. Please, we beg of you. For the safety of our children, put a block feature on the app. Our kids have seen enough...this needs to end HERE.

So this is why we have the petition. We want to get this Youtube channel banned permanently from Youtube Kids. We also want Youtube to enable a BLOCK channel feature for Youtube Kids for instances like this. It's not enough to just flag a video. We need to be able to protect our kids. We shouldn't have to start petitions, contact senators, contact media etc. We should simply be able to "block" the channel so our children don't have to be subjected to the violence. There is enough hatred and darkness in the world, our kids don't need to have it fed to them in something as innocent as a sing along from their favorite Disney characters.

Below this photo you will find a link where you can watch clips from each of the videos from this Youtuber which is Superkidz Finger Family. The link is on my personal business website, due to the size of the files they wouldn't load here on my blog. I took video with my phone since the youtuber was deleting each of the videos when I was posting them to the petition to have them banned trying to cover their tracks. This is to show WHY we need to have a block feature on the Youtube Kids app. 


Click here to view the videos





9 comments:

  1. I just posted this publicly on my FB page.

    So, just as I thought, there are MORE channels with these videos...keep your kids off YT. For real. Linked below is one video from each of the channels that has bad videos. You can and SHOULD report EVERY CHANNEL. Go to the main channel page, and hit "about" - in the top right corner is a flag you can click and then choose the violation that fits (child endangerment or violence), and it will then show you all the videos and you can click the ones you want to report. At the bottom you can also comment to YT. If they aren't going to monitor the videos, then our kids won't use their products at all. However, these channels need to be blocked to adult use only or they need to be COMPLETELY and accurately tagged and marked. Most of these videos are tagged "kids, babies, funny, nursery, learning."

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3tBIPf16ts

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYLO_pFOX2c

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH_q-3HfHPI

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OxOgrN8bfY

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kni9US6gPOw

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgIO72kN2xk

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8jbQexTKfg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I must have worse vision than I thought. I only see one pic. That looks inappropriate. Can you point to what I'm not seeing ?
    I think the cartoons on tv are depicting bad behavior that my son is repeating. Alvin. Of chip monks is a heathern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have worse vision than I thought. I only see one pic. That looks inappropriate. Can you point to what I'm not seeing ?
    I think the cartoons on tv are depicting bad behavior that my son is repeating. Alvin. Of chip monks is a heathern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The YouTube channel just got terminated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope SuperKidz finger family BETTER NOT MAKE A FINGER FAMILY VIDEO CALLED GTA FINGER FAMILY OR I WILL BE ANGRY AND SUE YOUTUBE KIDS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree to you. I found this channel they have very cute videos for kids. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbzfnZ3FR3993qj2arFn1oA

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found all of this and I'm disgusted

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found all of this and I'm disgusted

    ReplyDelete